Sunday, November 11, 2012

4th Grade Read Alouds!

          Since taking this course, Adolescent Literature, I have been inspired to bring back a daily read aloud in my 4th grade classroom.  In the past two years of my teaching career, I have started several books, but either the students lost interest or time did not allow for a consistent read aloud time.  I would become disappointed in myself, because I remember the read aloud being a staple in my elementary level classrooms.  Additionally read alouds are a great way to model fluent reading and to build student background knowledge.  I became determined to have a daily read aloud that was fun and interesting, but also a great learning tool.  After much research, I complied a list of books I have and would like to read to my 4th graders.  Before selecting the book to read, I would often try to find the book trailer and let my students pick their favorites.  Maybe some of these books will inspire you as well to bring back the read aloud!

          Here is my list of recommended read alouds for 4th graders:

Picture Books:





























Chapter Books:






























          If you want to share how you students reacted to one of these read alouds, I'd love to hear about it!

Thanks for stopping by!

Jamie







No comments:

Post a Comment